zondag 31 januari 2016

The double stroller problem

Ever since we found out we're expecting number two, I have been researching strollers. We have a really great stroller for Luke but he will only be 19 months when baby number two arrives so we will need a double stroller. We love going outside and Luke just won't be able to walk on his own for very long or stand on a board behind te stroller. The problem is: double strollers are expensive and I'm just not convinced about any of them. Here are the ones I have found:

The Stokke crusi with sibling seat. This would be great because we have a Stokke crusi so we wouldn't need to buy a whole new stroller. But Lucas would have to sit below the new baby which I don't like and neither will he. It seems like the sibling seat is very low to the ground and the child is just looking at peoples feet. The seat also has just one position and it's not completely upright, not great for a toddler. I'm kind of disappointed that this is the only Stokke duo stroller option.

Another option is the Icandy peach 3 blossom. Icandy is not a well known brand in Belgium yet so I can't find much about it. Some stores do sell them but most don't show them on their site. We saw one in a store but we didn't have Luke with us so I couldn't really test to see if the seat was wide and long enough to keep him comfortable for a few more years. It did seem to be quite roomy for a double though. Here are the pros and cons in my opinion:
Pros:

  • Looks good (I like the black frame best)
  • Can be used as a mono and duo
  • Not too big and foldes quite compact
  • Both children can see something even if the seats are high/low
Cons:
  • Can't use our Stokke izi go in the duo
  • The duo cot seems a little small

I have also been looking at the ABC Design zoom duo. I haven't seen it in any stores so I can only go by what I can find online.
Pros:
  • It looks really beautiful
  • It seems to be really comfortable for both children even when they get bigger
  • Both seats can face both ways
  • Both children are at the same height
Cons:
  • Very long and very heavy
  • Can't use our Stokke izi go
  • might be too big to go shopping with
  • Can't be used as a mono

If you are looking for a double stroller, you will come across the Bugaboo donkey everywhere. It is probably the most well known double stroller in Belgium.
Pros:
  • Looks good, not that many colours but I prefer blacks or greys anyway
  • Very narrow for a side by side stroller
  • Can be used as a mono
  • Compatible with our Stokke Izi go 
  • Easy to move around
Cons:
  • So expensive!
  • Quite big when folded
It's a good thing we have 5 months! I think I will be visiting a lot of stores before we make our desicion. If anybody has experience with any of these or can recommend another one, do let me know!

X

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten