maandag 24 augustus 2015

Baking a basic cake - recipe

I really love to bake but these days it's hard to find the time. So when I do find myself with a bit of extra time, I want to bake something that I know will get eaten and that will last us a while. The one thing I think most people love and everybody could make is a basic cake. When your cake is moist and delicious, your family and friends will love it just as much, if not more, than any complex baked good you can find on pinterest. Don't get me wrong I love those but sometimes you just have to get back to or start with the basics.

What you need:
5 eggs
250 grams of selfrising flour
250 grams of plain white sugar
40 grams of vanilla sugar
250 grams of butter

Start with melting your butter. Some recipes may tell you to do this in a bowl over a saucepan or something like that. I just put in the microwave. To the melted butter, add your sugar and 30 grams of the vanilla sugar and mix well. You don't need to use an electric wisk for this, just by hand is fine. Then you need to seperate your eggs. Put the yolks in with the butter and sugar and the whites in a bowl. This is a really important step to make your cake light and fluffy. Wisk the yorks with the butter and sugar by hand and then gradually add the flour. You can use normal flour and baking powder but I just use selfrising flour to make it easier. Then put the remaining 10 grams of vanillasugar in with the eggwhites and mix this with an electric wisk, or by hand if you are really strong, until it forms stiff white peaks. Add this to the batter and mix well.



I find this recipe to be a perfect fit for a bundt cake tin. To prepare your tin, smear the inside completely with butter and then dust it with flour so the bottom and walls are completely covered. Then you can pour in your batter and your cake is ready to be baked.

Put it in a preheaded oven at 175° celcius for about 35 minutes or until a scewer in the middle comes out clean. Be carefull not to put it in too long because you will have a dry cake.

Enjoy your cake.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten